Osmo Polyx Oil Express White Satin is a fast-drying, lightly whitewashed, transparent finish that is ideal for wood flooring and furniture. The formulation combines natural oils and waxes to make your interior wood resistant to dirt, water, and abrasion. With easy application with no need for primers or sanding between coats makes it the ideal product for your interior wood.
• Does not crack, peel, flake or blister
• Ideal for wood flooring and furniture
• Resistant to household products including wine, beer, coffee, and tea
||Interior wooden floors and furniture
||Up to 24m2 per litre
Always ensure the surface to be treated is clean, dry and free from any dust.
• Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed this can be done by sanding back or using a suitable chemical paint stripper
• Sand the surface carefully, starting with a coarse sandpaper and finish fine grade. For flooring 120-150 and for furniture 220-240
• Clean the surface thoroughly to remove dust and grease
• Fill any small cracks with an appropriate wood filler, for larger holes we recommend Osmo Wood Filler
Before applying stir the product thoroughly and test a small area to ensure colour and adhesion. Colours can vary dependent on the surface to be treated.
• Thoroughly stir the product to ensure a consistent colour
• Osmo Polyx Oil Express is ready to use, do not thin,
• Apply with a natural bristle brush or microfibre roller
• Apply in the direction of the grain and spread well within 10 minutes
• Avoid applying excess product
• Leave to dry for 2-3 hours
• Apply second coat as before
• Avoid covering during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
• If a higher gloss level is desired use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner very thinly and polish when dry. Avoid using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner on surfaces that have not dried and cured properly. Always trial apply first.
• Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
Note: For cork surfaces, due to their high absorbency please ensure that the wood finish is applied especially thinly. On cork, longer drying times are to be taken into consideration (at least 6-8 hours).
Note: Always follow the manufacturer's instructions found on the tin.
Aftercare & Storage
Wood surfaces treated with Osmo Polyx-Oil Express are highly repellent and easy to maintain. Keep clean by using a broom or vacuum cleaner, damp mop floors using diluted Osmo Wash and Care. Always avoid over saturating the surface with water as this may cause damage. For furniture or small areas use Osmo Spray Cleaner.
For occasional refreshing use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner. Alternatively, Osmo maintenance Oil can be used to occasionally refresh most Polyx Oil sheen levels. Ensure surfaces are appropriately cleaned before thinly applying Osmo Maintenance Oils.
Simply re-apply one coat onto the appropriately cleaned and dried surface when signs of wear become visible.
Note: Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and re-coating. Allow the finish to fully cure before heavy usage.