Osmo End Grain sealer protects the ends of decking and other wood types. Ideal for interior and exterior use as it has excellent weather, water and dirt resistance which minimises swelling and shrinkage whilst protecting against cracks and preventing bleeding. This clear sealer has a microporous formulation which gives a breathable finish that does not peel, flake or crack. Safe for human, animal and plant once dry.
• Very water & dirt resistant
• High weather resistance
• Prevents wood ingredients from bleeding
After drying, we recommend coating the other wood surfaces with Osmo's wood finishes such as Country Colour or Natural Oil Woodstain.
||decking, cladding or roof soffits made of hard and softwoods, such as Bangkirai, Teak, Massaranduba, Garapa, Cumaru as well as Pine, Spruce, Douglas Fir, Larch, Cedar, Thermowood etc
||Up to 5m2 per litre or approx. 600 decking boards
Always ensure the surface to be treated is clean, dry and free from any dust, algae, fungi or moss.
• If the wooden panels have been previously stained, painted or varnished, we would recommend stripping them back to the bare wood using sandpaper to get the best results or a suitable wood stripper such as Osmo's Paint Stripper
• If your wood is affected by algae, fungi or moss brush down with a stiff brush and clean with a garden cleaner always allow to fully dry before the application of
Osmo End Grain
Before applying the product test a small area on the surface to be treated.
• Stir the product thoroughly, do not thin
• Using an Osmo Flat Brush or other suitable high quality brush
• Apply generously to end grains
• For optimal protection for strongly absorbing end grains, we recommend to apply two coats.
• Please only apply to end grains. Not for full area treatment. Wipe away any excess wax from other surfaces with a cloth.
Note: Always follow the manufacturer's instructions found on the tin.
Aftercare & Storage
Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly. If thickened by frost, store for 24-36 hours at room temperature before use.
Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Cleaner ( for green growth).
Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.