Zinsser Watertite is an ultra low odour solvent based waterproofing paint suitable for use on interior and exterior concrete, stucco, cement, cinder block and other masonry surfaces. This product is ideal for use on basement walls and for sealing concrete basement slabs. The formula contains state of the art waterproofing resins with Portland cement to create a finish that will stop upto 34psi of water pressure. This smooth non gritty finish dries to a bright white which does not yellow and resists dirt and dust pick-up. It can be applied to dry or damp surfaces immediately and recoated in a s little as 4 hours.
• Low ordour
• Ideal for basements
• Can be applied to damp walls
• Prevents fungal degradation on the paint film for 5 years - guaranteed!
||Interior or Exterior
||Interior and exterior concrete, stucco, cement, cinder block and other masonry surfaces
||Up to 2m2per litre
Always ensure the surface to be treated is clean, dry and free from any dust, grease, oil, wax, mould or possible contaminates that may interfere with adhesion.
• New masonry must cure for at least 30 days before applying
• Salting or efflorescence (a white powdery substance) must be removed with a solution of hydrochloric acid or concrete etching compound. Rinse the surface thoroughly with water after application
• Remove all existing mould and mildew with a fungicidal wash
• Previously painted surfaces can affected its waterproofing ability as it’s dependent upon the integrity of the previous coating. For best results, remove as much of the old coating as possible by manually scraping the surface, followed by thorough wire brushing. A belt power sander with a 50 grit sanding belt is also effective
• Exterior surfaces should be power washed or sand blasted to remove all loose and scaling paint and cement
• All holes and cracks, especially active water leaks, must be patched with hydraulic cement
Always test a small area before application to ensure you are happy with the results
• Ensure the area is well ventilated and extinguish all flames and pilot lights at water heaters and heating systems
• Stir thoroughly before and during application
• Do not thin
• Apply when temperature is above 10°C and not when heavy rain is expected within 24 Hours
• Liberally apply the first coat with a polyester brush
• Work the paint into the masonry
• Ensure you have a pinhole free film
• Allow to dry for 4 hours
• The second coat can be brushed or rolled, do not over spread
• The surface will be touch dry in 1 hour and fully cured in 7-14 days depending on the surface
Note: Always enusure to apply 2 coats as the first coat primes and seals the surface. The topcoat completes the sealing process to ensure protection against water intrusion.
Note: Always follow the manufacturer instructions found on the tin.