Zinsser Seal Coat is the perfect sanding sealer for interior woodwork. It deeply penetrates the surface and dries quickly to give wood surfaces a rich tone. It is recommended to use under strong solvent-based topcoats to protect and ensure superb adhesion. Seal Coat also ensures the adhesion of solvent-based polyurethane, water-based polyurethane, lacquer, and other clear finishes. This product can also be used to create a barrier that seals in odours from certain types of woods and chipboard. As well as giving extra beauty and warmth to water-based polyurethanes.
• Does not darken or yellow
• Compatible with clear wood finishes
• Seals ALL interior wood
• Quick drying
||All Interior woods
||Up to 24-50m2per litre
Always ensure the surface to be treated is clean, dry, and free from any dust, grease, oil, wax, mould, or possible contaminants that may interfere with adhesion.
• Remove any wax from the surface with a methylated spirit
• Sand bare wood as smoothly as possible and remove any sanding dust
• All previously applied wood stains and finishes must be completely dry
Always test a small area before application to ensure you are happy with the results
• Application can be done with a natural bristle brush or lint-free cloth
• Work in the direction of the wood grain
• For brush application - Apply a full brush load of Sealcoat to the surface using full, even strokes, brushing back into the wet material to maintain a wet edge. Do not over brush or brush back into material once it becomes tacky
• For Cloth Application – Work into the wood and wipe away any excess with a cloth and stop wiping when the surface becomes tacky
• If the wood is stained, a second application may be needed to avoid sanding through the sealer and the stain
• 2 coats will be required to seal odours allow 20-30 minutes before applying a second coat
Note: Always follow the manufacturer instructions found on the tin.