Liberon Oil-Based Wood Sealer, protects and seals interior wooden floors prior to waxing and varnishing. It enhances the natural colour of new and old wood whilst making your floor water, heat, and alcohol resistant. Great for use in kitchens and bathrooms as it also protects against staining and scratching. In areas of low traffic It can be used alone to achieve a satin to gloss finish or for high traffic areas as a base for a varnish or wax topcoat. It's also suitable for sealing unvarnished cork surfaces.
• Protects against stains and scratching
• Seals floors prior to waxing and varnishing
• Enhances the natural colour of new and old wood
Note: When using Floor Sealer alone surfaces may need to be re-sealed once a year, or more frequently in areas of high foot traffic.
||Sealing Interior Wooden Floors
||Up to 8-10m2 per litre
Ensure the area to be treated is clean and free from dust, debris, and grease.
• All previous finishes must be removed prior to application, this can be done by sanding or using an appropriate stripper
• If you wish to colour the wood apply a wood dye prior to applying Floor Sealer
Before applying the product test a small area on the surface to be treated to ensure you are happy with the results.
• Shake well before use
• Apply using a brush, roller or cloth
• Apply a good coat of the floor sealer in the direction of the wood grain
• Allow to penetrate for 5-10 minutes and then remove any excess with a dry lint-free cloth
• Allow to dry for 5 hours
• Apply a further 2 coats following the process above
• Further coats may be required on porous surfaces
• Allow 24 hours for the last coat to dry before applying a finishing wax or varnish
Note: Always follow the manufacturer's instructions found on the tin.
Aftercare & Storage
Surfaces should be swept or vacuumed and may be cleaned with a damp cloth. Any spills should be wiped up immediately.
For stubborn stains a mild detergent can be used, alternatively lightly sand the affected area to remove the stain and then re-apply the Floor Sealer. When using Floor Sealer alone surfaces may need to be re-sealed once a year, or more frequently in areas of high foot traffic.