Rather than completely removing an ugly UPVC front door which can be very expensive, transform the way it looks and add instant appeal with Rust-Oleum All-Surface Paint.
Recent research has shown that the right door colour can add up to £4000 to the value of your home whilst unpopular colours such as brown can decrease the value by £700. So giving your front door a refresh is a no brainer whether you are looking to sell or wanting to make your visitors swoon.
Rust-Oleum have created an easy to follow guide that has everything you need to know about painting your UPVC front door.
What you will need:
Rust-Oleum Universal All Surface Paint (approx 1 Litre to paint the front and back of a standard exterior door)
- Rust-Oleum have taken the hard work out of painting with their All Surface paint as it is formulated to need minimal preparation.
- Firstly if possible we recommend to remove any hardware from the door such as the letter box or handle. Although not essential it will give you the best finish.
- Thoroughly clean the door with Zinsser’s Universal Degreaser & Cleaner, ensure it is free from dust and contaminates and allow to fully dry.
- Apply two coats of Rust-Oleum Universal All Surface Paint using a brush or short pile mohair roller.
- Tip: when using a roller lay off immediately with a brush.
- Finally, allow to dry and admire your new door.
Did you know? This handy paint also comes in a spray bottle for quick application.